Monday, February 9, 2015

Long Overdue Update

I know it's been so long since I've posted and I'm sorry.  Since my last post there has been some unfortunate family situations that needed my attention far more.  Good news is that, for now, things are looking up and we're steaming forward.  I've set myself a deadline of Valentine's Day to get all the paperwork done and in to the agency doing our home study.  We've procrastinated long enough and it's time to get moving.  So far, we are looking good to be on track.  Once the home study process is finally over with we'll be back on the active list with our adoption agency.  The only small bump in the road is that we may have to move this summer.  Our lease runs out in the next month and we may only be able to extend it to June.  In that event we're already looking at homes to buy so that we can start the process now, if we have to.  The hubs is supposed to call our land lord and find out for sure how long we can extend our lease.

I'm just hoping that now we're back in the States it won't take so long for this to go through.  My wish is that we have our little one by Christmas at the latest but I know that just may be a pipe dream.  I'm still keeping my fingers crossed though.

No comments:

Post a Comment